19.11.07

-Writings.

1. A NEWS STORY

An unexpected accident.


There was a dramatic scene yesterday at the Wormwood Street of London. Four people were trapped thirty minutes when his car fell down in a ditch which was at the centre of the street.
The incident took place at ten o'clock in the night. The driver of the car didn't see the ditch and it got inside. As soon as workers saw the fact, they called the rescue team of the town.
At first, the passengers of the car were very scared. Then the policemen and the technical personnel arrived, and as the rescue started, the frightened occupants became calmer.
After one hour, all of the passengers were extracted of the car. Finally, one of them broke an arm, but he said that the fright was much worse.




[*]




2. A LIFE STORY


I was born in Girona in 1992. When I was young, we didn't live in a different house; all my life I've lived in the same place.
My earliest memory isn't very clear, but I remember it a bit. I was on holiday in the camping of my uncles with my older cousins and I was swimming in the new swimming pool with other children. I also remember my first day at P-4 in Casa Nostra School. I think my teacher's namr was Mrs. Dolors, and I was very nervous when I appeared.
I've been at The Patufets School for three years. I've changed when I was three years old. I think my hair has changed a bit of colour, but not much. When I finish secondary school, I'll probably study bachelor of Science but I don't know yet. Before I'm old I really want to go to the French Polynesia.


































[*]





3. A FORMAL LETTER


78 Remei Street
17820 Banyoles
19th December 2007





The Community Fund
16 Suffolk Street
London
SW1Y 4NL


Dear Sir o Madam,


I am writing to enquire about lottery funds for a project in our town.
Banyoles is a small city in the north-west of Spain. There are a lot of interesting places in and arround the city, but there aren't any activities for young people. For that reason, we would like to build a theatre here. This theatre could provide a lot of activities, for example it could provide concerts, films and meetings for the people of Banyoles.
I would be grateful if you could send me information about the lottery grants. If you have any questions about our project, please do not hesitate to contact me.


Yours faithfully,


Júlia Olivé

Júlia Olivé
Chairperson,
Comittee of Banyoles




[*]





4. A PROFILE OF A BAND


Simple Plan's band.


Simple Plan was formed in Canada in 1999 but his complete formation was in 2000. The original members are Pierre Bouvier (vocals), David Desrosiers (bass guitar), Sébastien Lefebvre (guitar), Jeff Stinco (guitar) and Chuck Comeau (drums). The five-piece initially came together when Comeau and Bouvier founded Reset at age 13 (one old band of music). All of the group’s members write songs.
Simple Plan’s first album was released by ‘Lava Records’ company in 2002. Their second album, Still not getting any…, became their first bestseller in 2004. Since then, their albums have all been always hits at some moment.Simple Plan play both pop, rock and punk music. Some of their best-known songs are Shut up!, I’d do anything and When I’m gone. The band has won a lot of prizes for their music and videos. In 2003 the group took home a MuchMusic Video Award for People’s Choice Favourite Canadian Group, an important prize for them.










[*]


THIRD TERM


5. A DISCUSSION ESSAY

Technologies have changed the world in the last 20 years. Before the Internet was invented, searching information about a specific topic used to be more difficult. Working without Internet would be more difficult and people would have to write his projects on hand. Now, we can communicate a lot of things through this communication channel. But, sometimes, it can be very slow. All in all, I think that Internet is the best invention, because it’s very useful and in the future it will be more developed.





6. A LETTER: EXPLAINING A PROBLEM

I've had a problem recently. My friend Laura met a guy a month ago and he asked her out. They've met a lot of times a few days ago and I thought that everything was O.K. until they had a big argument. She stays sad and I don't know how can I help her. She doesn't talkd about it and she doesn't introduce me her boyfriend so I don't know how he is. I'm worried.
I think that my friend will be better if she met him and talks about the argument. I can't do a lot for them because I think that I shouldn't interfere. But maybe I can try to talk with Laura and help her.
I'd really like some advice because if I don't do something soon, they will probably finish their relationship.